Sunday 8 May 2016

Maya paint effects test and render part 2

I kept at rendering and messing with the lighting, and its getting closer to a desirable scene. I used this tutorial for reference:




First trialing the image based lighting (please ignore environment clipping down the bottom:
Second attempt with more environment light emitted in the image based lighting ticked - also final gathering was made sure to be selected in the render settings. There's definitely more shadow depth here too:

After adding a coloured directional light + changing the shadows slightly:

 This is how the last picture looked in Maya - I think i might add an ambient or area light in my scene because the ground still looks very dark in my saved jpeg version...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.