Thursday 5 May 2016

Maple tree beginning and reiteration

I created the base mesh for my maple in Maya again with relative detail, but with the plan to bring the OBJ into Zbrush, remesh it and then use the decimation master, along with the UV master to create the map. I did this, preserving the base level mesh at about 6500 Polys which is much less than 60k phew..

I subdivided the model about 6 times to add detail and then used the poly paint with a maple bark alpha to give the tree its texture. After that I created the normal, displacement and texture map and used GoZ to import it back into Maya. At first there was issues loading it again so I tried a second time and it worked, then exported and re-imported the object as its OBJ with maps attached then it rendered adequately with the proper connections to the maps. As you can see the normal map sits on my model below in Maya:

























Render of tree - seems to lose a bit of the details from the normal map, should mess around with settings a bit. Closer render below it but for some reason my renders always look darker after being saved than they do in Maya :///:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.